Consejería de Sanidad y Políticas Sociales, Junta de Extremadura (RMHS)
RMHS mission is to provide public quality health care and socio-assistance to the citizens, seeking efficiency and optimum use of resources. In particular, the integration of health with the socio-assistance role is particularly important for MoveCare target population. RMHS is a public
institution (part of the Regional Government of Extremadura, Spain) that manages the services for Elderly and Dependency care (SEPAD; sociosanitary field) and Healthcare (SES; Regional Healthcare System) in the autonomous region of Extremadura (Spain). SEPAD is the service that promotes actions to prevent and manage situations of dependency that affects the most vulnerable groups of the population. It covers functions of administration and management services, developing and coordinating social policies about disable and elderly people. The functions of SEPAD are related to care-dependent people and promote different actions focused on a healthy lifestyle for senior people. SEPAD involves Nursing Homes, Day Care Centers, Senior Centers and other aged-friendly resources. SEPAD also collaborates with private institutions in order to guarantee a correct care for older people. SEPAD brings into the consortium its experience in:
- Caring dependent people, such as Residences, Day Centers, Centers for the promotion of the autonomy, Places specialized in the attention of disabled people and cognitive deterioration.
- Projects of healthy lifestyle promotion for senior people, such as physical exercise, tourism, balneotherapy and mental stimulation.
- Training and Research.
- Projects of health care for dependent people.
- Projects of work and social integration for people with mental.
- Tutelage for adults.
- Social qualification for disabled people.
- Management of a regional GLOBAL HEALTHCARE PLAN for the COGNITIVE IMPAIRMENT in Extremadura, focus its experience in developing a Specific Plan of Action regarding:
- Early detection of mild cognitive impairment and dementia in primary care.
- Perform a specialized diagnosis in consultations for cognitive impairment.
- Assess the situation of dependence that generates dementia (at individual and family level).